Fall background

Monday, November 8, 2010

Scary week 2

Well, this all happened Monday, Oct 25. I had a fever the night before and major muscle achiness. The next morning, my fever had gone down but Brady had slept much longer during the night than normal. In the morning, he was so lethargic and did not have any interest in eating. It was very concerning and not like him since he normally eats well and eats every couple hours or so. I took him into the doc immediately and he did not have a fever. Since he had gained 11oz in about a week, the doc thought that we just tired from all the rapid growing he had been doing. Well, that day I went to the doc too since my fever came back up to 101. He checked for infections related to child birth and breastfeeding and everything turned out fine. I was feeling horrible though and very "off". That night once Phil got home my fever was up to 103. The nurse recommended that I go to the emergency room b/c I might have a kidney infection. So, a friend came over and watched Jake and Phil, me, and Brady headed off to the emergency room. Brady came b/c I needed to keep trying to feed him. Once we got to the emergency room we were reminded not to bring Brady in since he was so young. So, Phil and Brady sat in the car. Phil tried to feed him with pumped milk and checked his temp and it was up to 101. So, now we had to take Brady to Cook Chilren's emergency room in Fort Worth. Trisha came to be with me and also gave me a ride home. They didn't find any infections with me either, so just concluded it was viral. Poor Brady....he had to get a spinal tap, catheder, IV for fluids and antibiotics and blood taken. At only 2 weeks old it was just heart breaking. We ended up having to stay in the hospital, (Brady and I) from Monday night to Thursday morning so that they could monitor him and check bacterial cultures. Thank God, nothing showed up for him either! So, they just determined that he had the same virus that I did. It was just so sad to have to see him get poked and prodded for 4 days..he was clearly uncomfortable. Now, at 3 weeks, we are all doing well and thankful to be home!!! Here are some pics of his "Terminator arm" as Daddy called it...its how they kept the IV in...so sad.

5 comments:

  1. What is up with all these #2's giving us scares??? I guess they just need to make sure they have some attention right off the bat. I'm glad you are both better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A spinal tap??? Bless his little heart (and yours). I got tears in my eyes just thinking about enduring all that with crazy post pardum hormones. I pray the worst is behind yall:) He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried reading this! Oh man - I'm so glad he is better and that all of that is behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a tough week, but so happy to hear that everybody is doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even imagine how you felt. So glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete